Customs and Trade Weekly Snapshot
Here is a recap of the latest customs and international trade law news:
U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP):
- CBP issues CSMS 55754324 announcing the UFLPA Country Code Requirements The UFLPA Region Alert will add three new validations to ACE in specific applications. The validations will be:
- Postal code will be a required field.
- Users will receive an error message if the postal code provided is not a valid Chinese postal code.
- Users will receive a warning message when a XUAR region postal code is provided.
Food and Drug Administration (FDA):
- The FDA launched a new website about the Modernization of Cosmetics Regulation Act of 2022 (MoCRA) and a related constituent update announcing that the FDA has stopped accepting and processing submissions to the Voluntary Cosmetic Registration Program (VCRP).
- The FDA announces OTC monograph drug user fee rates for fiscal year 2023.
The Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS):
- (BIS) published a rule that adds eleven entities based in Burma, the People’s Republic of China (PRC), Nicaragua, and Russia to the Entity List for enabling or engaging in human rights abuses around the world.
- The rule also reaffirms BIS’s longstanding position that the protection of human rights throughout the world is a foreign policy interest.
- Biden Administration and international partners release export controls and Human Rights Initiative Code of Conduct.
Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC):
- OFAC Launched a new website that will now be hosted within Treasury at treasury.gov.
- OFAC announced a settlement with Uphold […]