Here is a recap of the latest customs and international trade news:
Customs and Border Protection (CBP)
- CBP activates lead field coordinator for Region IV, makes final preparations for arrival of Hurricane Idalia.
- The Commercial Customs Operations Advisory Committee (COAC) will hold its quarterly meeting on Wednesday, September 20, 2023. Agenda items include:
- IPR working group update on the development of a portal on the CBP IPR web page
- Progress report on the ACE 2.0 initiative
- New recommendation from the Broker Monetization Working Group
- CBP released a set of frequently asked questions (FAQs) on the Automated Export System (AES) response message 97H-Shipment on Hold.
- CBP updates instructions for Northern border customs brokers using ‘Permit Ports’ – the updated instructions explain to the customs broker the procedures for how to file a request to cross cargo at a “permit port.” These types of ports are not regularly staffed by CBP for crossing.
Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS)