Customs and Trade Law Snapshot
Here is a recap of the latest customs and international trade law news:
The Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS)
- BIS published a report summarizing the findings of a Department of Commerce investigation into the effect of imports of titanium sponge on the national security of the United States.
- BIS is seeking public comments concerning the imposition of export controls on certain Brain-Computer Interface (BCI) emerging technology, particularly with respect to its impact on U.S. national security
- Comments due by December 10, 2021.
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for help submitting your comment.
- BIS published this final rule to amend the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) to update the AG Common Control List for dual-use biological equipment.
- This rule is effective October 5, 2021.