Here is a recap of the latest customs and international trade law news:
Customs and Border Protection (CBP)
- CBP held a Virtual Career Expo on Jan. 24. The expo highlighted law enforcement and mission support opportunities throughout CBP.
- CBP is modifying the timing of the automatic release messages for non-express air cargo filed as an Entry Type 86; effective January 27.
- The update will help ensure that CBP has sufficient time to review entries and notify filers of holds.
- CBP announced an updated “ACE Tips for Filing EPA Hydrofluorocarbons (HFCs)” is now available and provides clarification for an HFC filing.
- EAPA case update: CBP has determined there is substantial evidence that importer Suzhou Quality Import and Export Co. entered covered merchandise for consumption into the customs territory of the United States through evasion. Specifically, Suzhou Quality imported into the United States Chinese-origin aluminum extrusions but not did not enter these extrusions as subject to the AD/CVD orders.
Department of Commerce
- New AD and CVD petition filed on paper plates from China, Vietnam and Thailand