Here is a recap of the latest customs and international trade law news:
Customs and Border Protection (CBP)
- Importer WHP Associates LLC issued Notice of Determination as to evasion for entering merchandise covered by antidumping duty orders.
- EAC Highsmith speaks at Trade and Customs Seminar in South Korea.
- S. Border Patrol conducts border safety event in Presidio
- CBP Video Introduces Green Trade Strategy
- Customs and Border Protection (CBP) published a CTPAT Trade Compliance Program FAQ for the trade.
Department of Homeland Security
- Chinese national indicted for skirting antidumping and countervailing duties in Puerto Rico after HSI investigation.
Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- FDA Completes Posting of Deemed Final Orders, completing the process of posting 33 deemed final orders for 32 different monograph therapeutic categories and one for non-monograph conditions as part of over-the-counter (OTC) monograph reform under the CARES Act.
- S. Marshals, at the FDA’s request, seized more than 250,000 units of dietary supplements and bulk dietary ingredients that are or contain kratom, including over 1000 kilograms of bulk kratom.
- The FDA published a Conversations with Experts QAthat focuses on the importance of the agency’s engagement with international organizations, including World Health Organization, the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, the World Trade Organization’s Standards and Trade Development Facility, and the Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation’s Food Safety Cooperation Forum, among others.
United States Trade Representative (USTR)
- USTR holds a Phoenix Small Business Roundtable with United States Trade Representative Katherine Tai and Administrator Isabella Casillas Guzman
- S. Departments of Commerce, Labor, and Education Announce SelectTalentUSA, New Partnership to Increase Quality Jobs through FDI
- Katy Perry loses trademark battle against Katie Perry.
- The Cost of Trump’s Trade War with China Is Still Adding Up – In continuing it, Biden risks further harm to the U.S. economy – an article by the Council on Foreign Relations.
- North American countries finally align on anti-forced labor regulations. Now the question becomes: What does their alignment mean for international trade in North America?