Last week concluded World Trade Center Miami’s International Trade Weeks Webinars. The two weeks of webinars coincided with World Trade Month and included online presentations from U.S. federal agencies on current federal regulations and updates, classification, and essential import and export information.
The series included sessions from U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Headquarters Offices, CTPAT, Fines, Penalties & Forfeitures, and Centers of Excellence and Expertise (Centers). Webinar topics encompassed CTPAT, Forced Labor Enforcement Overview, E-Commerce, Broker Regulatory Updates, IPR & Trademark Policy, U.S. Plant Pest Pressures, Importing Alcoholic Beverages into the United States and many more.
Partner government agencies included:
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- United States Department of Agriculture (USDA)
- Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC)
- Fish and Wildlife Service (FWS)
- Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB)
- Department of Transportation (DOT)
Participating Centers of Excellence and Expertise included:
- Agriculture & Prepared Products: Managed by the Miami Field Office, specializes in agriculture, aquaculture, animal products, vegetable products, prepared foods, beverages, alcohol, tobacco or similar industries.
- Apparel, Footwear & Textiles: Managed by the San Francisco Field Office, specializes in wearing apparel, footwear, textile mill products, or similar industries.
- Automotive & Aerospace: Managed by the Detroit […]