Whether you are new to importing or seasoned, this one-hour webinar is a must attend. Register today to hear directly from this specialized, expert trio on the “Top 10 Tips When Importing to Ensure Compliance” with real case studies:
- President and Founder of Diaz Trade Law, Jennifer (Jen) Diaz is a Chambers ranked, Board Certified International Attorney specializing in customs and international trade,
- Trade Advisor at Diaz Trade Law, Donald Woods has worked in the express delivery, freight forwarding, and logistics industries for 34 years in both imports and exports. He retired from UPS after 34 years of service as the VP, Customs & Trade Compliance for the Customs Brokerage business unit.
- Associate Attorney of Diaz Trade Law, Denise Calle assists U.S. and foreign manufacturers, distributors, and importers, with a range of import compliance, regulatory compliance, and enforcement matters involving U.S. Customs.
This one-hour webinar describes the importer’s role as the responsible party for an import transaction. Our speakers will discuss how to comply with U.S. Customs and Border Protection’s (CBP) vast laws and regulations. By the end of the webinar, you will know and understand the importance of tariff classification, customs valuation, country of origin marking, intellectual property rights and free trade agreements.
You will also learn basic customs concepts and terms like CBP Form 7501, CBP 28, CBP 29, protests, detention and seizure cases, liquidated damage claims, penalties/fines, prior disclosures, and the FP&F process. Additionally, you will learn the top 10 tips when importing to ensure compliance. This webinar will provide valuable assistance to all importers, customs brokers, and all trade professionals.
In This Webinar You Will Learn:
- Importance of CBP Rulings for Classification, Valuation and Country of Origin.
- Cost Savings practices like utilizing Free Trade Agreements.
- Importance of protecting intellectual property rights.
- Basic customs concepts and terms.
- Top tips to proactively work with your Customs Broker.
- What to do if you encounter a CBP detention and/or seizure case Learn when to submit a prior disclosure to CBP Top 10 tips when importing to ensure compliance.
- Learn key best practices and hear real life case studies.
- Learn what to do, and more importantly, what NOT to do, and what the consequences are for non-compliance.
Who should attend:
- Customs Brokers
- Regulatory Affairs Professionals
- In-house Legal Counsel
- Product Development Managers
- Other Trade Members
This webinar is eligible for continuing education credit from the NCBFAA Educational Institute. Space is limited, registration required! Access instructions will be provided after your registration is complete. Don’t just take our word for how awesome Diaz Trade Law webinars are. Click here to see what our past attendees had to say. Be sure to join us on May 5, 2021!