Are you a member of the Customs Trade Partnership Against Terrorism (CTPAT)? Do you want to be? If so, you’ll need to keep up with the future “minimum security requirements” to gain entry (and stay) in the program. A news requirement will include processes to prevent “Trade Based Money Laundering”. Do you have processes and procedures in place yet? Here’s your chance to hear from the experts!
I’ll be attending the CBP CTPAT conference in Orlando from September 12-13, and will have updates hot off the press for you! Experts Steffen Ruigrok and M. Ali Ansari will discuss best practices your company should have in place to ensure your supply chain is free from trade based money laundering issues. This webinar is FREE for clients of Diaz Trade Law, Marcum LLP, TMF Group, and members of OWIT South Florida Admin (ask us for the code)! RSVP HERE.
You don’t want to miss this one!
- September 18, 2018
- 12:00PM-1:00PM EST
- Clients of Diaz Trade Consulting and OWIT South Florida members join for FREE!
- Money Laundering is not just related to drug money being brought into the financial system
- 9/11 changed this dynamic completely
- How is terrorism related to money laundering
- What are the hot-points, war stories, affected institutions, impact and costs.
- It is a Crime – Not just a civil matter anymore
- How does it impact you
- Record keeping
- File reports of Suspicious activity
- Develop and train compliance staff at your entity to implement and comply with the AML regulations.
Who Should Attend?
- Customs Brokers
- Regulatory Affairs Professionals
- In-house Legal Counsel
- Product Development Managers
- Jennifer Diaz is a Board Certified International Attorney who is considered an expert in international law by the Florida Bar. She joins an elite group of Board Certified International attorneys in Florida. She is the founder of Diaz Trade Law, P.A. assisting clients with issues relating to the import and export of merchandise to and from the United States.
- M. Ali Ansari is a director in the advisory services practice of Marcum. He has over 25 years of experience in forensic accounting and has worked extensively in litigation consulting and advisory services for clients with revenues ranging from the thousands to the multi-millions. He has directed multiple engagements in all facets of fraud investigations, contract disputes, risks and risk management, internal controls, internal audit, regulatory consulting, AML look-backs and FCPA investigations, asset and expense tracing, due diligence, white-collar crime investigations, whistleblower cases, and economic damage analysis.
- Steffen Ruigrok is an international compliance professional with over 20 years of experience. He is currently serving as Director of Investor Compliance & Regulatory Services at TMF Group, having previously managed the Global Business Services department in The Netherlands and co-managed the Amsterdam structured finance department. Prior to joining TMF Group in 2003, Steffen worked as an M&A advisor, a senior advisor for the Dutch Ministry of Infrastructure and Environment, and as auditor at PwC