Here is a recap of the latest customs and international trade news:
Customs and Border Protection (CBP)
- CBP releases FY 2022 IPR seizure statistics. Highlights:
- 20,812 shipments containing goods that violated IPR seized. Estimated MSRP value of seized goods $2.98 billion.
- ICE-HSI arrested 255 individuals, obtained 192 indictments, and received 95 convictions related to IP crimes.
- Handbags and wallets topped the list representing 30.3% of all IPR seizures.
- CBP released the Notional Development & Deployment Schedule for Automated Commercial Environment (ACE).
- EAPA case update: case 7783: Superior Commercial Solutions LLC (Notice of Determination as to Evasion).
- CBP determined that there is substantial evidence that the company entered merchandise covered by AD/CVD duty orders into the U.S. through evasion. SCS imported quartz products from China by undervaluation and/or transshipment through Vietnam.
- CBP agriculture specialists in Louisville stop shipments with almost 1,500 pounds of prohibited meat.
- CBP to host Fall 2023 virtual career expo – during the event, interested applicants can discuss entry-level and experienced law enforcement and professional career options with CBP recruiters and attend live information sessions.
Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS)
- BIS issues temporary denial order in support of strike force case against Russian national for illegally exporting sensitive U.S.-sourced micro-electronics with military applications to Russia.
- A New York man was sentenced in federal court in Concord for operating an unlicensed money transmitting business that was used to export weapons to Pakistan.
United States Trade Representative (USTR)
- USTR announced the further extension of […]