If you import merchandise into the U.S., you may not realize, but, you are the responsible party!
In this presentation, noted speaker Jennifer Diaz will discuss how compliance with U.S. Customs and Border Protection’s (CBP) vast laws and regulations. By the end of the webinar you will know and understand the importance of tariff classification, customs valuation, country of origin marking, intellectual property rights and free trade agreements.
You will also learn basic customs concepts and terms like CBP Form 7501, protests, seizure cases, liquidated damage claims, penalties/fines, prior disclosures, and the FP&F process. Additionally, Jennifer will share with you the top 10 tips when importing to ensure compliance with CBP. This webinar will provide valuable assistance to all importers, customs brokers, and all trade professionals.
- Importance of CBP Rulings for Classification, Valuation and Country of Origin
- Cost Savings practices like utilizing Free Trade Agreements
- Importance of protecting intellectual property rights
- Basic customs concepts and terms
- What to do if you encounter a CBP detention and/or seizure case
- Learn when to submit a prior disclosure to CBP
- Top 10 tips when importing to ensure compliance
- Learn key best practices and hear real life case studies
- Learn what to do, and more importantly, what NOT to do, and what the consequences are for non-compliance
Who Should Attend?
- Regulatory Affairs Managers
- Marketing Directors
- FDA Consultants
- In-house Legal Counsel
- Product Development Managers
Receive a discount of $20 when you use the special code “PM20” at registration!