INTERNATIONAL TRADE COMPLIANCE: The ABC’S of Customs Seizures – PLUS Top 10 Tips to Ensure Import Compliance
The DTL Team wants to ensure you are a compliant with U.S. federal regulations and laws when importing your goods from abroad! Here is your chance to learn directly from our Founder, Jennifer Diaz, about the “dos” and “don’ts” of importing.
On Wednesday, September 14th, 2016 from 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm, The Organization for Women in International Trade (OWIT) invites you to a Trade Talk Webinar Program on International Trade Compliance-Register NOW!
Did you know that In FY 2015, 28,865 seizures were for underlying Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) violations? The MSRP of the goods seized was $1,352,495,341! IPR enforcement is a priority trade initiative for U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) and the detention and seizure process is a complicated one. If your merchandise is detained and/or seized, you have options. But more Learn exactly how you should respond and more importantly how to avoid future problems with CBP.
This event is particularly important for:
- Individuals and Small Businesses
- Logistics Users
- Supply Chain Managers
- Manufacturing Companies
- Customs Brokers
- Customs Attorneys
- Law Firms
- Tax Advisors
Attendees will learn:
- What is Pre-Compliance means and why it is important
- importance in protecting your Intellectual Property Rights
- The basic Customs concepts and terms that you should know
- The ins and outs about the “detention” and “seizure” process
- Learn about the Fines, Penalties & Forfeitures Office
- Information on filing a Petition, Supplemental Petition, and/or Claim and Cost Bond.
- Learn key best practices and hear real life case studies.
- Learn what to do, and more importantly, what NOT to do, and what the consequences are for non-compliance.
- Plus, top 10 tips when importing to ensure compliance
Cost of attendance:
- OWIT Members: $25.00
- Non-Members: $40.00